Abbeville 3on3 Street Hoops Tournament
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to the 1st Annual Abbeville 3on3 Street Hoops tournament. This 3on3 basketball tournament is sponsored by Kindred Outfitters. At Kindred Outfitters we promote getting outside, being active, and building community. The Abbeville 3on3 Street Hoops Tournament is a great way to practice all of these. Enjoy a nice fall November day at Wilson Hill Park in Abbeville, SC to play basketball, get some exercise and fellowship with others!
Sign in: Once you arrive at Wilson Hill Park, you will sign your team in at the picnic shelter
How many courts: Single Court all games will be played on half court with two games playing simultaneously
Teams: Teams of 3, allowed up to 2 subs, but no more
- You will submit your team name
- Please try to coordinate your team wearing the same color of shirt or uniform. We will not have pennies for people to wear
- Your team can represent the company you work at to promote your business
Bracket: Once all of the teams have been submitted, we will print brackets and email each team the bracket.
- Teams will be matched from a random bracket drawing.
- Double elimination or Round Robin based on participation
- If there is an uneven number of teams participating, one team will receive a bye in the first round.
Referees: For standard play there will be no referees. This is a call your own fouls tournament. However, the championship game will have a referee.
Equipment: We will provide 2 Indoor/outdoor basketballs or rubber basketballs. One game ball for each game being played.
- Coin flip for the possession at the start of the game.
- Go to 11 win by 2, play by 1’s and 2’s, cap off at 15.
- Self officiating.
- Possession changes after every made basket.
- After a defensive rebound, the player must take back behind 3 point line, including on air balls.
- The ball must be thrown in, not shot or dribbled after it is checked up.
- A player cannot stand in the lane for more than 3 seconds.
- If a basket is made and a foul is called, the basket counts.
- No free throws, every foul where the shot is not made means the ball must be checked up at the top of the key.
- Each team will be guaranteed 2 games.
- There will be volunteer staff helping out with logistics throughout the day
- For seating there are one set of bleachers but we encourage everyone to bring a lawn chair
- Historic Weather and how to plan- The average high temp for Abbeville SC on November 7th is 67. The average low is 44. Day temp is 55.
- Men’s teams will play against men’s teams. Women’s teams will play against women’s teams.
- Prizes- Team winners get a trophy! If you make a half court shot, you get a free Kindred Outfitters T-shirt.
- We encourage every person to bring their own drinks and snacks to the park. No alcoholic beverages allowed. If you bring an alcoholic beverage, you will be asked to leave.
- This is a family event. No profanity or abusive behavior toward officials, tournament administrators, or each other will be tolerated from players or fans. Players/fans violating this rule will be ejected for the duration of the tournament. Unruly fan or player behavior may also result in games being stopped and potential forfeit if deemed necessary. If a fan or parent is ejected from the tournament, the player or child associated with the fan or parent will be ejected as well for the duration of the tournament. If an entire team is ejected, there will be no refund of tournament entry fees.
- ThreeonThree Registration$30$300$0